Please be aware that CE is valid only for Louisiana licensees.
Steven J. Spindler, D.D.S. is an approved C.E. Sponsor by The Louisiana
Academy of General Dentistry. Please fill out all of the blanks on the
form below and press submit.
C. E. Records will be forwarded to you as an email message.
When you receive the email, you should print it immediately and save it for
your records. Please allow up to two weeks for the receipt of your
Check back later. We will have some other CE modules up
and running by December 2003 (just in time to make the end of year
Enter today's date:
1. Pregnant women with untreated periodontal infections have an increased
a. having twins
b. pre-term, low birth weight babies
c. needing dental implants
d. wearing dentures
2. How might conventional periodontal treatment be limited in the pregnant
a. they can only have afternoon appointments
b. they cannot have prilocaine anesthetics
c. they cannot be given doxycyciline
d. they must eat something 1 hour before the appointment
3. Ideally, women considering becoming pregnant should?
a. receive comprehensive plaque control training before the pregnancy
b. use an electric tooth brush and an oral irrigator
c. receive comprehensive plaque control training after the pregnancy
d. be given a prescription for a chlorhexidine mouth rinse
4. When should active periodontal therapy be rendered in the pregnant
a. within the first eight weeks of the term
b. timing is not an issue. Treat them when they desire
c. only in weeks 30-36 of the term
d. the early part of the second trimester
5. Treatment options for the pregnant patient
a. require less communication about the proper management of the patient
b. are limited due to the risks to the developing fetus
c. should include periodic antibiotic therapy
d. always as
safe as the conventional adult patient
Enter the subject name of the
test you are submitting. Enter "Pregnant Patient"
Enter the name of your dental office.
Instructions: Using the following scale, click the number that
best corresponds to your response for each item.
1. The course has contributed to my knowledge of this subject
2. The author was knowledgeable in this subject matter
3. The information presented could be directly applied to my professional