Please be aware that CE is valid only for Louisiana licensees.
Steven J. Spindler, D.D.S. is an approved C.E. Sponsor by The Louisiana
Academy of General Dentistry. Please fill out all of the blanks on the
form below and press submit.
C. E. Records will be forwarded to you as an email message.
When you receive the email, you should print it immediately and save it for
your records. Please allow up to two weeks for the receipt of your
Check back later. We will have some other CE modules up
and running by December 2003 (just in time to make the end of year
Enter today's date:
1. Refractory patients are best characterized by which of the following?
a. do not follow your oral hygiene advice
b. do not pay their bills on time
c. continue to lose periodontal support in spite of treatment
d. fail to keep their appointments
2. Refractory patients are also characterized by which of the following?
a. foreign body impaction
b. root fractures or other root anomalies
c. generalized progressive periodontal disease
d. diabetes or other endocrine dysfuntion
3. What should you not do when treating a refractory patient?
a. keep them on their standard 6 month recall interval
b. consider medical consultations when appropriate
c. thoroughly reevaluate the patient to diagnose areas of inadequate
d. consider bacteriologic testing
4. Which pair contains a species not tested for in the DNA probe test?
a. Actinobacillus actinomycetumcomitans and Prevotella intermedia
b. Fusobacterium nucleatum and Treponema denticola
c. Prophyromonas gingivalis and Bacteriodes forcythus
d. Eikenella corrodens and streptococcus sanguis
5. If you receive a consult from a periodontist where your patient has a
diagnosis of refractory periodontitis, what should you expect?
a. more communication about the proper management of the patient
b. more frequent recall appointments where the periodontist may see the
patient as much as every two months
c. periodic antimicrobial therapy, when indicated
d. all of
Enter the subject name of the
test you are submitting. Enter "Refractory Periodontitis"
Enter the name of your dental office.
Instructions: Using the following scale, click the number that
best corresponds to your response for each item.
1. The course has contributed to my knowledge of this subject
2. The author was knowledgeable in this subject matter
3. The information presented could be directly applied to my professional